Thursday, April 07, 2005

been a long week...

Well, I guess the more things change the more they stay the same. The Ex went missing again saturday morning, and after a few days of worry, was sighted in the shereveport area. Now, by all legalities and moral reasoning, this was no longer my problem. Unfortunately, my hero complex invoulentarily kicked in, and I drove the six hours up to Shereveport to look for her.

The cops caught up with her before I did, and put her in the hospital about the same time I got there. I guess it was a good thing I was there, because she wasn't real co-operative with the medical history and such.

Of course, now I wonder to myself how many times am I gonna come charging to the rescue for her before I manage to supress this weird instinct of mine to do so. All the talk I do about moving on will be useless if I keep making her my responsibility.

1 comment:

Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, you are a nice man to be caring as much as you do and I admire that, and think that it is something many people will be drawn to you because of. Although it is hard to say when to let go and stop doing what might not be considered to be your responsibility anymore, I feel you will find the right time. love, orchard