Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Adventures of Keith Flippen Premires!

The Adventures of Keith Flippen, Didgeridoo player from the 3rd Dimension: The Webseries premiers today, and I have to say I'm pretty proud of our little group of maverick filmmakers. For those that have no clue what I'm talking about, Keith Flippen is the film short from the 48hour Film Festival that allows me to put the words "Award winning author" in front of my name. The original short won 12 out of 15 awards that night, the indie filmmaker equivalent to sweeping the Oscars. Our producers were so inspired by all the attention that it was decided to go forward with the project and make it into a full blown webseries. One nail-biting Kickstarter and a crazy summer of filming later, and the frenzied scrawlings of myself and the other writers (Mario Campesi and Shannon Kitchens) have been made manifest.

Producing something of the scope of Keith Flippen on a budget of only 9000 dollars is nothing less than an amazing achievement. The logistics and creativity needed to get an all-volunteer cast and crew to produce quality work is staggering, but our team totally came through. Here's the first episode for your viewing pleasure. If you like what you see, please go to YouTube and comment on it, or better yet, share it with your friends!



 Now that you've seen it, let me say this... Keith Flippen is a labor of love for all involved. As much as I sometimes bitched about deadlines and edits, I am really proud of the finished product, and will never tire of writing the dialogue for Queen Calamitous and her minions. (I'm already looking forward to seeing episode 2!) nor will I ever stop enjoying watching actors breathe life into the characters I helped create... But web work of this quality is only successful if shared, so please help support your local filmmakers by getting the word out about Keith Flippen! As Colonel Victory would say, "We can't do it without you, Space Chums!"

No comments: