Monday, January 03, 2005

My photo to the right....

I know that a few of you read the comments others leave after my posts, and a few days ago, JavaFooFoo pointed out that my photo is a little... Dated. Reluctantly, I admit this to be true. I mean, I still pretty much look the same, especially when I wake up in the morning; (Note hair, and reference Keelee's reaction to such in my Christmas post) But FooFoo has a point... The picture itself is over 6 years old.

"So, ya big lug... Why do you keep it?"

Why, thanks for asking, unknown portion of my psyche. I keep it for a few reasons. One, I feel it captures my essence in a way most photos don't. I look laid back, relaxed, a little silly, and most of all, happy. This photo is a reflection of how I see myself in many ways.
Two, which many of you probably don't know (Although Ducky might, as I seem to remember him being there when it was taken) The photo shows me in the bed of a very attractive woman. What exactly I was doing there, I am too much of a gentleman to say... But it involved a lot of loud noises. (points to you if you guessed snoring!)
Three, the photo reminds me of a happier, more carefree time in my life, when the hardest thing for me to deal with was waking up in time for my noon class.

Anyhow... I don't feel that I take good photos. So, I issue this challenge to all you readers... Find or take a more recent photo of me that meets some, if not all of the above criteria, and I will replace the one in my profile with it, and make sure it's used on my next "Vote Rob" T-shirt, which you will personally receive one of.

Extra points to anyone who snaps a picture of me waking up in the bed of a beautiful woman.

No comments: