Friday, June 16, 2006

Thinking of joining hair club for men...

Cause this week has been enough for me to pull out my hair. By that I mean busy, but good busy.

The job is going really well, and i'm learning more about those stupid vents that stick out of your roof than I ever thought I would need or want to... but i'm getting ahead of myself.

This past weekend, I went up to Brandon to see the much blogged about Spiehler Spawn. He's a cute kid, even if he does look a little like a Borg with all those wires hooked up to him. Drew, Dave, and I spent most of the day painting the little guy's room the coolest shade of canary yellow I have ever seen. Props to Mama Stacey for picking it out.

Of course, Dave and I wanted to get a little more creative than that. Dave was of the opinion that painting a mural of Krypton exploding on his ceiling would be cool, wheras I was all in favor of a custom "Dogs of Atlantis" cartoon taking up an entire wall. We were all set to comprimise on filling a few walls with the Gotham city skyline. We had just started getting Drew excited about it when Stacey walked in.

"No." she said, "He'll be enough of a geek with Drew around as it is." She then trudges off muttering something about "pumping", which both Drew and Dave agreed that I didn't want to know about. I was speculating that maybe she had a gas station in the next room when Drew informed me that she was going to go pump some breast milk.

I, being the gentleman that I am, let the subject drop until lunchtime. Right after the terrific pie I had for dessert, when milk was on my mind.

"So, you ever taste it?" I said in my ignorance.

Talk about a conversation-stopping bomb.

"NO!" Stacey said, "Why would I?"

"Well, you're gonna feed it to your kid, right?"


Sigh... maybe it's a good thing I'm probably never gonna be a parent.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

These are great cookies, Stacey! What's your secret? I use breast milk. It's healthier and it tastes better. Humans were never meant to drink the milk what comes out of a cow's teets to begin with...

Yeah, I can see it now. But I wonder... Does breast milk feel different from cow's milk when it's coming out of your nose?

RingoWolf said...

That reminds me, how did things turn out with the MILF you were all crazy for M.B.?

angie. said...

You know, that Gotham skyline wasn't a bad idea...
:D

But honestly, I think a mural would be great. Thik how easy it would be to talk her into letting y'all due a NOLA mural: streetcars, audonbon zoo, city park carousel, etc...

Oh, don't forget the mimes and "I know where ya got ya shoes" guys.

Elle said...

I have been using your blog as a through road to read the latest Ace and family updates. I'm so glad all is going well.

A mural is a great idea, and nothing wrong with being a geek...all the best people are !!

Anonymous said...

This was even funnier because I read the opposing blog first, about your guys painting the room and Stacey wandering away looking for the "pump" LOL.

You crack me up. Thanks. I would have loved to be there for your question, I would have totally lost my mind.

Stacey said...

I, being the gentleman that I am, let the subject drop until lunchtime.

Sheeyit.