Friday, September 03, 2004

Grandmas and hurricanes

I called my grandmother last night for the first time in years. She lives in florida, you see, and right now there is a catagory four hurricane headed right for her. She's decided to ride it out, and told me my uncle Vinny is coming over there to button up her house good and tight. I hope she's okay. Anyway, it made her night to hear from me, but her first real question was "so is your father still fat?" gotta love the old gal. Also, Charity's grandma is very ill, and my mother in law and Char are riding up to georgia this weekend to visit...

As I get older, I seem to be constantly reminded of my own mortality... I dunno if this is a good or bad thing, but it is definately I will have to explore when I can devote more time to writing about it.

No comments: