Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Good days and gift giving...

Well, the new job seems to be going well. For starters, I have an internet connection... so that means that duirng my lunch break I can blog a bit.

Sweeeeet.

I woke up this morning amazed that for the first time in almost a year, I was looking forward to going to work. I'm picking up the office thing on a fairly sharp learning curve, and found out that part of my responsibility will be to build and maintain the company's web site, and re-design their catalogue.

Could it be that I'll actually use some of the stuff I learned in college in this job? Dare I dream?

I had a friend once tell me during my divorce that I was closer to the end than the begining. For the first time in a long time, I feel like that may be true. Could that be a light at the end of the tunnel?

No, wait... it's just the cliche train coming to run me over.

I was gonna tell the story about how it seemed that every gift I tried to get Drew for his birthday seemed to fizzle on me... but that will have to wait for another day. I have to get back to work!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd better watch out for these trains, they're out to get ya!! :)

"...to build and maintain the company's web site, and re-design their catalogue."

Sounds really good!

Melinda said...

Things you learned in college? Dude! You're going to get paid to sleep late, rarely show up, drink and play laser tag? Sweet!