Thursday, February 24, 2005

Movie quote answer key

Well the winner, with an amazing 14 points is Drew! Dynoman Dave came in a close second with 10 points! thanks for playing, Y'all, and Drew, your prize will be awarded as soon as I get to it. :)

Now the answers for those of you that were wondering, along with a few comments about each movie....

1) I know kung fu. Neo in The Matrix- gotta love it when he and agent smith have their fight in the subway station. Probably one of the best wire fighting scenes ever!
2) I find your lack of faith disturbing. Darth Vader in Star Wars: A New Hope, while he’s using the force to choke the life out of one of Grand Moff Tarken’s toadies. My second favorite quote from that movie is Tarken saying “Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.” Just before Luke blows the bejesus out of the Death Star, killing Tarken and everyone else aboard. My only question is why didn’t Luke react to the disturbance in the force of all those imperials dying at once? I am such a geek.
3) Strange things are afoot at the Circle K. Bill S. Preston, Esquire in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. One of the best time travel movies ever made in my opinion. Second favorite line in this movie is Rufus (George Carlin) calmly putting on his shades and saying “Gentlemen, we’re history!” as he activates the time booth.
4) What the hell is a gigawatt!?! Marty McFly in Back to the Future part 1. I also love the scene when Doc Brown answers the door with the big mind reading thing on his head. Another great time travel movie.
5) I’ve been swimming in raw sewage. I love it. Lieutenant Frank Drebbin, Naked Gun 2 1/2 – The Smell of Fear. Leslie Neilsen proves his comedic timing once again in this movie, and for months after I first saw it, I would randomly spout this line at the most appropriate times I could find. Always made me laugh.
6) It’s a primitive culture. I’m just trying to blend in. Councilor Diana Troi, Star Trek: First Contact. I also love the line after this, where Riker says to her, “You’re blended, alright.”
7) Did you see how the door sticks a little? I’ll have to get a guy down here with a can of WD-40. Fred/Tech Sargeant Chen, Galaxy Quest, right after he blows the guard out of the airlock. I recently got the DVD, and there’s this great added scene where Fred leads the other engineers on board the protector to a really tough technical solution by just asking really simple questions, like “what does that mean? Uh-huh... so we should....” classic.
8)Just Fly. We got... something. I’m not saying what. Just trust me. Air force one pilot, Superman. This scene where Superman saves Air Force one is one of my more fond childhood movie memories. I can’t wait for the next movie.
9) Illinois Nazis. I hate Illinois Nazis. Jake Blues, the Blues Brothers. How could anyone not hate Illinois Nazis?
10) What part of Ethiopia are you from? 123rd street. Comicus (Mel Brooks) to Josephus (Gregory Hines) History of the World part one. You gotta love Josephus’s attitude and flair. Mr. Brooks, if you're out there, I still eagerly await part 2!
11) What a surprise. I’m having a heart attack, I’m so surprised. Iago, Aladdin. Gilbert Godfrey’s voice over lends so much to the character. Makes me want to run out and do voice overs.
12) Never go in with a Sicilian when death is on the line. Vesilli, the Princess Bride. Just before he drops over dead. I guess I just have a thing for famous last words, but my being half Sicilian also helped this one make the list. I also love how he refers to this as one of the world’s two great blunders... the other is “never get in a land war in Asia.”
13) When "Pirates of the Caribbean" breaks down, the pirates don’t eat the tourists. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park. This line is one of the movie’s many redeeming qualities. As long as you take the movie and the book to be separate works, it’s easy to enjoy both.
14) Zed’s dead, baby. Bruce Willis’s character, (Blanking on the name) Pulp Fiction. While I could go on about all my favorite moments in this movie, I will refrain. Just go watch it for yourself.
15)What do you want me to do? Dress in drag and do the Hula? Timone, The Lion King. The fact that seconds later, that is exactly what he does never ceases to make me smile. I also cry every time I watch the scene where Mufasa dies. Does that make me a wimp?

thank you all for playing!

No comments: