Thursday, February 24, 2005

An open letter to the women of the world....

Ladies,

It has recently come to my attention surfing many blogs that you regard most of my half of the species as "shmucks", "jerks", "a$$#oles", or "douchebags". I would like to take this opportunity to refute this. Quite frankly, there are many of us out here that find the actions of this small but apparently vocal minority just as disturbing as you do. And we nice, respectable guys (Who women always tell us that they're looking for) can never seem to land neither Intelligent, smart, funny women, nor even skanky bimbos (not that we'd want to mind you...). So, I ask you, ladies of planet Earth, why is it that if you all find these guys so reprehensible, do they seem to get all the action?

Case in point: I have a friend, (well, aqaintance really) who we'll call "Potsie". Potsie is the very definition of the term A$$#ole. He is mean-spirited, condesending, vain, self-centered, a serial cheat, coniving, a user, and in all other ways the type of guy women are always complaining about. He has little regard for the feelings of any human being other than his own. Potsie is the type who would date a girl, just to have the opportunity to nail her sister. He is the type who would (and has) Screw some bimbo in his bedroom at a party whilst his "girlfriend" is crying her eyes out about it outside. Yet, of my little posse, Potsie is without argument the most sucessful with women.

I have always believed this to be extremely unfair. I think the reason behind it is Potsie's vanity... he is also the guy paying attention to the latest trends in fashion trying to seem much hipper than he really is, to my knowledge the only one of the posse to have plastic surgery, and he is one of the better looking guys in our group. Women talk a good game about valuing personality more than looks, but when you come right down to it, (with a few exceptions), Y'all want that trophy on your arm as much as we do.

So, my advice to all you women is to stop only checking out the "Cute Guys" in your bar, pub, night club, or what have you, the plain looking guy in the corner with his eye on you probably has a lot more to offer. Stop telling your guy friends that they need to get past a woman's looks, and try it yourself for once.

Braced for the deluge of hate mail,
Rob

2 comments:

Brou HahHah said...

I gotta weigh in on this!!

Jenny J's hitting points all over the place, and explaining it very well.

Confidence is the key. Look at our group. If you put the single guys in a police lineup of sorts and were asked to pick out the one who exudes the most confidence (in posture, bearing, and appearance alone), who would you pick? The answer is surprsing, no?

It does come to the basics, dress well, groom well, and speak intelligently and confidently. This doesn't mean having to blow big bucks on wardrobe or compliment a woman until she's blue. It just means being you and being comfortable in that role, no matter what's going on in the world around you.

Yes, it's also true, how many long term relationships really got started picking up someone in a bar? Really?? Look at civic organizations, church groups, and other general gatherings of people where the primary intent is not to drink your cares away.

Hope this lifts your spirits!

"THE" Rob Cerio said...

Jenny, thanks for your wonderful post! I hope you enjoy Dogs of Atlantis as much as I enjoy writing it! For the record, You're dead on about Potsie's relationships. As far as not just looking at the bombshells, there is love in the webkahunah's heart for all members of the fairer sex. (If only I could have typed that last sentence in the voice of Barry White...sigh) I guess what I'm really criticizing is the women out there that get into bad relationship after the other, and yet *never* consider the nice-yet-plain guys around them. Their loss, I suppose. It just really ticks me off when they make blanket statements like "all men are scum" and such...

Dynoman- You telling me I exude less confidence than Potsie? You wound me, sir...

Of course, I could just beat him with an ugly stick...