Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Top Ten things I need (or needed) to do before I die:

A few entries ago, I mentioned that both Metropolis and Graceland were on the list of things I needed to do before I die... well, I figured that showing y’all the update of that list might be good for an entry...

Top Ten Things I need to do before I die:
1) Work a miracle.
2) Solve one of the great mysteries. We are surrounded by mystery, people! Why are we here? Who built the sphinx? Is mankind alone in the universe? What happened to the Roanoke colony? How do they get the creamy filling into Twinkies? Okay... maybe not that last one, but you get my drift.
3) Travel through Time.
4) Drive a convertible up the California coast all the way to Alaska.
5) Leave Earth’s atmosphere.
6) Be a Dad.
7) Ride a raft through the Grand Canyon.
8) Travel through Europe.
9) Be recognized by a celebrity.
10) Pull off a great hoax. (Examples: P.T. Barnum's Piltdown man, Orson Wells “War of the Worlds” broadcast, The really famous Loch Ness Monster photos, etc.)

Things that were once on the list, but I have since done:
1) Save someone’s life
2) See Graceland and pay my respects to Elvis
3) Communicate with the dead... a blog entry in and of itself...
4) Visit Metropolis
5) Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans
6) Learn to fly a plane and a helicopter (Fly, yes... land, very iffy.)
7) Learn to sail
8) Go on a trip with only ten minutes warning
9) Sleep on a beach

Things that are on the list, but not in the top ten:

Pee in all the worlds oceans
Write a novel
Be regarded as notorious
Become a folk hero
Run for public office
Twins :)
Make the world a better place
Prevent a War
Start a secret that historians will argue about for years to come.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

More things you should consider doing:

Drive to Mexico just for some Mexican food... except there they just call it food

Get an asteroid named after you

Carve your name on that asteroid

Drive across the country, only using state highways and only stopping to eat/sleep in small towns off the interstate.

angie. said...

About your war prevention...How do you know that you haven't already done that? You could of prevented a war simply by living. Or maybe by choosing fries instead of onion rings. Or that 1 life you saved could of been a chain reaction in keeping I don't know, Canada from being invaded. Think about it. JUST THINK !!

Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, you certainly have your work cut out for you, but that is what I love about blogs--you can tell what you intend or desire to achieve and work at it with the support of your blog friends, and if you have earth friends, them too.

I think that a giant hoax would be a fun thing to see, and maybe you could make it look like all the waters of the oceans of the world were gone and that would, in a way, achieve a hoax goal, and maybe allow you to pee in them too, which is not a priority, but it's as I always say, "if you can do something you really want to, even if it's not a priority, but the opportunity arises, why not do it?"

Well, I appreciate your Dogs of Atlantis, and I appreciate that you checked out my blog, as well, or that you allowed someone else to go to it from here, because that is what we are all about in this blog world of a community living, and that is not a bad thing to be.

The DP said...

You can come visit me and husband during your European tour, but only if you bring Drew and Stacey, because evidently it is party all the time when you three are involved. Also Zurich is six hours from anywhere (berlin, amsterdam, paris, rome...) and a good place to squat. Consider this your official invite!