Sunday, March 06, 2005

Been busy...

As you can imagine, working two jobs, particularly one which keeps me up past midnight every night, has been rough. I have been a little neglectful on my blog as a result... I still need to find out exactly what I can and can't post here about my experiences so far, so for now I give you the following...

Top ten things I say entirely too often: (idea from GreekPrincess's blog)

1) “Kiss my white, furry ass.”
2) “Screw you guys” (In the voice of Eric Cartman)
3) “Have no fear, the Big Kahunah is here.” What can I say...I like to make a grand entrance at work.
4) “How YOU doin?” I picked this up from Joey on Friends and can’t seem to put it back down again.
5) “Howdy.” I have always liked this better than “Hello”
6) “D’OH!” I picked this up from Homer Jay Simpson, of course, but when I do something klutzy, it invariably blurts forth.
7) “MMMMM.....(insert food type here)” Another Homerism, for sure, but I use it a lot. At least I don’t drool when I say it... well, most of the time. All bets are off on Mrs. Spanky’s Chocolate chip peanut butter cup cookies.
8) “Y’all” My Dad cringes when I use this southern term, but I would like to point out to him that it sounds much better than “youse guys”.
9) “Children” or “Kids” I have a tendency, as one of the older people of my little clique, to call everyone else a kid. Fact is, I’m not THAT much older than they are. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
10) “I’ll do it” All of my various triumphs and tragedies have been directly preceded by these words. The lesson? When no one else volunteers for something, there is probably a very good reason for it.

Catch Y'all later with at least one cool ghost story, I promise!

5 comments:

RingoWolf said...

#8 reminded me of when we first got to "Pops Kahunah's" place and he asked us, "how youse feeling after that long drive?" and I lit up with the glee of a small child, "He said youse! Ya'll actually say that up here."

The look of fear in your face, esp considering "Potsie's" ban from NY for disrespecting the Pops K. on a earlier trip.

The DP said...

I want Mrs Spanky cookies now. I have new devious plan. Mr Spanky will cook dinner and Mrs Spanky will cook dessert. They also have to kidnap me from husband in order to do this.

Stacey said...

I have to add one phrase you use a lot:

"At that/this/some point..."

Potsie was actually BANNED from Papa Kahunah's house? Dag.

Unknown said...

How could you leave "Not for nothing" off the list?

RingoWolf said...

If Potsie is who I thnk he is (and I'm sure I'm right).