Monday, March 07, 2005

You think you've got problems....

Now, normally, I don't talk about the day job here, because there are some that find my sardonic sense of humor a touch offensive; but last night something really funny happened (in a black humor kinda way) that I have to tell y'all about...

I work for a river excursion company that shall remain nameless. Well, last night as the boat was about to leave for our nightly dinner cruise, up walks this twenty-something blonde woman, in tears, wearing a wedding dress. She goes up to the captain with a friend of her, and after talking for a little, starts crying even more loudly. We do weddings on our boat, so I was a little concerned, and went over to find out what had happened. As I approached, I noticed that the woman reeked of alchohol.

Turns out, she was looking for the cruise ship that she was supposed to be getting married on. Specifically, the carnival Conquest, which had left the port about a half hour earlier. With her fiance aboard. On his way to cozemel, thinking she just didn't show. She wanted our captain to radio the Conquest and ask them to turn around and come back for her.

Took everything I had to keep from laughing in her face. Her friends were no help... one of them said, "it's okay honey... you can plan another... it's not like you're pregnant or something" The bride screams at her, "I am pregnant you a$$hole!"

I excused myself, and found someplace quiet to laugh my head off.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I think that story is pretty equally balanced between really funny and really sad...