Monday, January 23, 2006

The Robbie Gras update

Well, Robbie gras is a scant 13 days away, so those of you planning to celebrate "the twelve days of Robbie Gras" better get crackin tomorrow.

I have been thinking a lot about what to do this year for my birthday of late, and had a few ideas, none of which seem to capture my current state of mind. Dizzy had suggested I try to set up a Kahunahhunt, but a K-hunt is an event unto itself, and an awful lot of work for some folk to not make it to the finish line. I had also thought about a scavenger hunt type deal, similar to what the amazing Dyno-man came up with for us to do last year, but again... way too much effort. This year, I'm thinking... I may just keep it simple.

I'm thinking a bar... I'm thinking some food... I'm thinking shooting some pool or some equally social type thing. I should have the 4th and 5th off from the ambition-draining-kink-in-the-social-life that is my job, so right now, I'm thinking the 4th,(Robbie Gras eve) with plans on riding the wave of ensuing merriment until the 5th (Robbie Gras day).

Now although this seems like a simple task... I have found that NOTHING is simple post-Katrina. I need to find a place that is open late enough and still fun for all.

Right now, should you be intending on joining me for Robbie Gras... plan on keeping from like 7ish-till on the 4th of Feb open in your calendar, and plan on being in the New Orelans Metro area. I also need a beer wench and grope mistress voulenteer. Apply the usual way at the usual time. Bring a swimsuit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am interested in applying for the Robbie Gras job openings.
What, may I ask, are the duties of a Beer Wench and a Grope Mistress? Do you require a volunteer for each job or can one efficient and flexible female handle both positions?

I'm fairly confident that I can open beer cans and bottles. And with my "morally relaxed" group affiliations, I am no stranger to gropage, giving and receiving.
Also, if you whis, I have my own (catholic school) uniform I can wear while performing my duties.

Please elaborate as to the "usual way at the usual time." I am new to the Kahunah way, but I have been known to take direction well.

Please let me know when you are available to meet me for an audition/interview.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Dizzy had a spell.
whis = wish.

Anonymous said...

I was checking flights and was entertaining the possibility of sneaking down there for a quick Robbie Gras weekend, but financially can't swing it, as well as cannot get that Friday or Monday off of work.

Wish I could be there!!! Happy Birthday Rob!