Wednesday, June 15, 2005

and now for something completely different....


Well, boys and girls, welcome to the new and improved Dogs of Atlantis. Having been inspired by my recent trip to NYC, and the MOCCA art festival, I have decided that I'm going to start presenting cartoons with each and every blog entry... this will not only serve to hone my skills for cartooning, but allow me to build a body of work without thinking too hard about things like quality.

The Dogs of Atlantis management would like to refute that last statement... we here at DOA are committed to bringing you the best in quality blogs.

Today's topic is baggage. We all carry some, weither we know it or not... some more than others.
Me, I admit freely that I carry a lot of it. I have always felt that my baggage makes me the man I am. Like Captain kirk in Star Trek 5, I feel that I need my pain to make me whole. Unfortunately, sometimes this gets in the way of me being what you would call a fully functioning participant in life's adventure. I have issues, my friends might say... but when those issues begin to get in the way of how I relate to others, it becomes a problem.

Anyone know of a good airport nearby? I hear that losing your baggage is a problem with flying.

So, as I said, visited NYC this week... it was a trip filled with many great moments. Moments of happiness, moments of peace, moments of laughter, and of course at least one really good moment of stupidity. I had a great time, but more than anything else, the trip served to re-enforce something that has been bothering me scince my divorce went down... I don't feel like I fit in anywhere anymore. Time was, when I Didn't feel like I fit in in New Orleans, I could just console myself that I fit in in New York. That is no longer true.

So where does this leave me, dear reader? a man without a country? What is it that makes a place the one that one belongs?

No comments: