Thursday, February 01, 2007

the Thursday Threesome...

Culled from the Back Porch:


The Thursday Thresome is a weekly meme of three silly but related questions... enjoy!


Onesome: Slicing-- your way through the fairways of life? Terrible metaphor, -eh? Do you have metaphor or simile that just drives you bonkers when you hear it?

The meataphors that drive me nuts are the ones I keep hearing about the 'Information Super Highway'. Like "My new computer is like a ferrari on the information super highway" or "that chick blocked me so fast I was like roadkill on the information super highway" There are no freaking on-ramps, toll bridges, speeding tickets, or billboards (okay, maybe some billboards...) STOP USING IT, PEOPLE!!!!

Twosome: and-- on and on and on. What's the duration of your 'long' phone calls? You know, the ones where you just chat and chat and chat? Guys, you may be able to pull an exemption on this one...

My longer phone calls tend to be with my Dad... once we get on a topic, we tend to talk for about an hour or so. It's funny, because if we don't have a topic, the call is usually over before he can ask me when I'm gonna start paying him back the money I owe him for raising me. (about 750,000 dollars at his last estimation.) Or about ten minutes.

Threesome: dicing-- up anything for the game this weekend? ...or are you taking advantage of the sales? ...or is it a case of "what game?"

I will probably watch the game where god intended... at my local Hooters. Of course, should I make the aquaintence of any beautiful, sexy women looking to give me an early birthday present, (that's right, kids... Monday is Robbie Gras 2007) I may not watch the game at all...

No comments: