Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Meme Monday, but on a tuesday

Tagged by Stacey, whose kid will be making appearences in the next few Dogs of Atlantis comics provided I can circumvent some (if not all) of the child labor laws.

People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly! In the end, you need to choose 3 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment on their blog that says they have been tagged and tell them to read your blog. Unless of course, that seems way too much like work.

Six weird things about yours truly:

1) That I find it really hard to come up with six weird things about myself. I mean, I am acknowledged in most quarters as a fairly weird person, but to me these things all seem normal. Does that seem weird?

2) I have an inner monologue that narrates my existence. For instance, after my alarm went off this morning it went something like this: “I woke up this morning, a little shocked that I couldn’t force the alarm clock to explode through sheer force of will. Seeing as how the day had no intention of letting me sleep till noon, I got up and dragged the bulk of my body to the shower.” Or when over the weekend, I ran into a pretty girl who recognized me at a sci-fi convention: “I half-heartedly glanced around the room, not really caring what the presenter had to say about his topic, when I saw a smile that could light up a room. She grinned at me coyly, saying hello with just her eyes. I imagined for a moment what it would be like to run away with her to a distant tropical island before I noticed that she was pushing a stroller full of kids wearing pointed ears.”

3) I chuckle after almost everything I say (usually because I think it’s funny… which it almost never is)

4) Despite being recognized as an open, life-of-the-party type, I consider myself to be the biggest introvert I know, (particularly in situations that I should be entirely comfortable with) to the point where I exclude myself from many parties and gatherings by finding a good place to hide. Okay, maybe that isn’t so much weird as a quirk of my personality, but it sure makes me feel weird.

5) I have a tendency when watching a movie to accurately predict plot elements before they happen. This drives Dizzy nuts. For example, in the Transporter , there is a scene where the Driver is given a large duffel bag to deliver.

Me: There’s a person in that bag.

Dizzy: What?

Me: There’s a person in that bag. Probably a hot chick.

Three minutes later, he opens the bag, and there’s indeed an attractive woman inside.

Dizzy: Damn you.

Later, there is a scene where the Driver’s employer hands him a non-descript briefcase and asks him to deliver it.

Me: There’s a bomb in that briefcase. He’s trying to kill the driver.

Dizzy: How could you possibly know that?

Me: I dunno. Just do.

Five minutes later: BOOM!

Dizzy: Will you stop doing that? And wipe that smirk of your face!

6) I talk in my sleep… to the point where I have had full, intelligent conversations with the others while sleeping. It disturbs me a little that the ex-wife used to exploit this particular backdoor to my subconscious to find out how I ‘really’ felt about certain things. After she came clean and admitted to doing this, she promised me she never would do it again, but I’ve always wondered just what else I may have said to her over the years.

Now, by the power invested in me by the blogger that tagged me for this, I hereby tag:

Dave
Melinda
Dreamwalker

1 comment:

Stacey said...

#2 is almost certainly the most common trait of a good writer.