Friday, November 30, 2007

In the end....

Last night, I had a talk with my friend Ray about what today's post should be about... Today, after all is a day of many endings for me. It's the end of Hurricane season, the end of NaBloPoMo, and my last day of "residency" at my Seguin Street apartment. It's a time of new beginnings in my life, and both Ray and I agreed that this post would probably be a bittersweet, melancholy one of change, growth and the different roles we find ourselves in at various points in our lives.

Then I saw this web page, and found that I had to write about it.

For those of you unwilling or unable to follow the link and see for yourselves, this website advertises a product called the "Flatulence Deodorizer" which is an air freshener that you place over your butt to filter your farts.

As if this wasn't enough to make me giggle uncontrollably for an hour, there are testimonials that attest to the effectiveness of the product. The first one, of a man that says his flatus is enough "to pressurize a plane" literally had tears in my eyes. There are also cryptic references to "activated charcoal underwear" throughout these pages, which I assume must be the Flatulence Deodorizer's biggest competitor. Other testimonials include cubicle dwellers and bean lovers (go figure).

I think I need to buy some stock in this company, if only to say to people with a straight face that I have a vested interest in flatulence futures.

No comments: